Last Monday we had the chance to attend a press conference previewing Pitti Uomo’s next show, scheduled for January 12-15 in Florence. Many events and items of news hint at an edition that will be more engaging than ever. Scrolling through the press kit, one thing that caught our attention was the long list of brands set to present co-branded capsule collections. So many in fact, that we would like to suggest a change of the show’s slogan from Pitti Generation(s) to Pitti Collaboration(s).
There are many reasons that a company might decide to develop a co-branded project: to increase visibility, reach new markets, expand its target or communicate the brand in a different way. In any case, co-branding really seems to be a platform for the future.
Among the many interesting collaborations announced, here are a few deserving of special attention:
– Herno, presenting new men’s and women’s capsules developed with illustrator, Pierre-Louis Mascia;
– Manifatture 7 Bell Spa will premiere a capsule for The Sartorialist Roy Roger’s designed by the street style fashion blogger Scott Schuman;
– Matchless London, the legendary British motorcycle company also known for its biker clothing and accessories, will present a new Star Wars capsule collection. 16 pieces for men, women and kids inspired by the look of the franchise’s most iconic characters;
– Champion, the US sportswear brand, will present Champion By Beams created in collaboration with Japan’s famous fashion store;
– Superdry will launch its new collection designed by British actor Idris Elba;
– adidas, with adidas Original by White Mountaineering designed by Yosuke Aizawa, will be presented as the Designer Project of Pitti Uomo 89;
– Colmar Originals will present a co-branded capsule collection created with Christian Pellizzari and Comeforbreakfast, as part of The Future Generation event, in collaboration with Vogue Talents.
Brands, artists, designers, fashion bloggers, entertainment…there are many ways and many reasons to choose the collaboration path.
Stay tuned for an interesting reportage, appearing soon on Brand Jam.
No related posts.